Thursday, May 17, 2012

Details

I am a details person. I like fringe and buttons on pillows. I love anything with ribbons and pearls. I like pretty and neat. I like details. Of course life is not always neat and pretty. And we don't always know every little detail. But. God does.

He knew that A simple cup of sweet tea would bless me yesterday.That a precious social worker that saw me roaming the halls of a huge hospital would bless me by walking me to the pediatrics ward. And that she had a fun wagon for Elliott to ride in would make it so much easier. Not just physically. But the thought of handing my limp baby boy over to a stranger once we got to the floor had my anxiety reeling. He was in a wagon...not a stretcher. A much easier visual for me as a Mom. God knew I needed that.

He has been in every little detail. And I pray I don't miss any of the "God details" moments.

Details of what is going on:

Sunday night Elliott came down with a fever. He had an episode Sunday night. I had a cold so I just thought he had something viral. Monday his fever kept climbing.By 3pm,one hour after taking Morton,his fever was103.7 and climbing. At 4 he began having convulsions. I called his neurologist. (We have been going through a process of elimination trying to figure out if he is having seizures). She suggested I take him to the ER asap.

We went to our local ER. They confirmed that yes,he had a seizure. And his fever was103.7.They gave him medication. And released us. Informing us to contact his neurologists in the morning. I requested they send his discharge info to his neurologist. We headed home at 9:15pm.

He was up through the night. Same things happening. And a high fever. At 7am his neurologist called me. She told me she was very concerned. And wanted to see him in her office. About an hour later(we like 45 min away from her office. I was arranging care for our other children) her nurse calls. She said she wants us to bring him to the pediatrics floor and admit him. So I grabbed what I could for a over night stay. And headed out.

We were admitted at noon, had a parade of doctors come through till about five. An EEG was scheduled. And we were informed it was to be a sleep deprived one. This would be his second EEG. The first one he had an allergic reaction to the gels they use. We got he same tech. And she offered to come in at 4am! So we would not have to keep him up till the afternoon when she had her first available opening!!! .

The EEG confirmed that he is having seizures. He is on a medication for those. But we have to figure out this fever. His kidney levels came back elevated. We have to get a urine sample and will then know if he has an infection.

It has been especially tough since my husband has been hundreds of miles away during this entire week. But God has found a way to bless us through that as well. During his time with family out of state, he decided to test the job market, and was surprised to immediately have several calls for interviews, one offer on the spot, and is interviewing tomorrow(Friday) for an even better position at 11am.

Prayer requests:
1. We can figure our why he keeps running a fever.
2. He can go potty!
3. Brandon's interview tomorrow that they would offer him the job in the interview.
4. Our other three children who are with family
5.We could GO HOME today!

We are so thankful to all the friends and family who have offered support! Even in the little things, God has provided and taken care of us through your prayers and practical assistance.

This was my devotional today...

"God listens in compassion and love, just like we do when our children come to us.He delights in our presence."

And...

"I love the Lord because he hears my prayers and answers them. Because he bends down and listens,, I will pray as long as I breathe!" Psalm 116:1-2

God knew I needed that too. He really likes details too!

No comments: