Friday, May 18, 2012

Longest.night.ever.

This will be short. We are back in the hospital with Elliott. He spiked a high fever again. Began having convulsions and foaming at the mouth. I called 911, and we rode via ambulance back to Memorial. It's been the worst and hardest night by far. He was used as a pin cushion, and I had to help hold him down. He was screaming "Lord help Me" at the top of his lungs. Simply put. It was horrible. After about six pokes in three different spots they got a line in. He began vomiting and could not stop. That made the fever go up, and induced seizures. Dr. Is doing a slew of more diagnostic testing first thing in the morning. Until then. Plan of care is: 1.keep fever down 2.keep seizures at bay. So far so good. Temp is 99.9 and no seizure since arriving on peds. Your prayers are invaluable. Thank you for all of your love and support. FYI Brandon has been updating my fb for me. I am focusing all my attention on Elliott. " "For I know that in ALL things Work together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose." Can't get that verse out of my head! How thankful I am that the Lord would flood my mind with His Word during this rough time. I started this at 2am. Then Elliott woke up screaming and I did not finish. It's now 7am. Dr.s will be making rounds. Pray they will look into every possibility before sending us home again! He has a chest X-ray at 8. And a ultrasound after that. His labs showed inflammation. But we don't know where. His CBC count came back good. YAY! So we wait. Will post more when I know more. Also Brandon has a job interview at 11am.Prayfor him, his heart and mind are here but physically he needs to be present and put his best foot forward. Hard to do in this circumstance. I miss him so much! pray he nails it in the interview...is offered the job. Pray we could figure out a way for him to come back home. Even if just for a day or two. Being apart at this time is a huge strain on all of us! Thanks friends and family! "For the Love of the Lord is never failing it is new every morning! Great is thy faithfulness!"

No comments: