Saturday, August 18, 2012

Keepin' it real...

We have had a good week. Catching up on household chores, and preparing to start school with the kids on Monday. Our last full week of summer break.

We miss our friends. We are so happy,and thankful for our new home. But, truth is, we do miss our friends. We have some rockin' friends in Indiana. The kind of friends that love my kids like their own. That took more than just an interest in my children, but really wanted to get to know them, and love on them. That can laugh, and cry with us, and still want to call us friends after one of our children has had a huge meltdown. The kind that would randomly call and say "Hey,come over for dinner....now!". Friends that have been through thick and thin with us. Spent nights in the hospital, holding our new babies, or praying over our bigger babies. That would bring me a latte, because they could. That asked what they could pray for, and did.   That loved us like Christ loves, expecting nothing in return. I really wish I could up and move them down here. Make my own little village of awesome peeps we love. Sigh.

Truly. We had an amazing body of Christ around us. And we are so thankful for them. To any friends in Indiana who might be reading this:

 Thank you. Thank you for being the hands and feet of Christ to our family. Thank you for loving our children like your own. Those times when you picked up one of our children, and comforted them like your own. We noticed it. When you lovingly played our children, we noticed that too. No words could ever justly describe what your influence has had on our families life.

You are SO loved, and dearly missed.

 Not a day goes by we don't think of you, and pray for you.

Can you imagine how sweet heaven will be? We miss worshiping with you on Sunday mornings...but you know what? That is what eternity will be like! Oh how awesome will that be?!?! Standing at the feet of our savior worshiping together!?!

Until that day, I am planning a retreat/camp out. I'm thinking in the mountains in Tn. To meet up with all of our awesome peeps. For a week of:  kids running free, lots of latte's and campfire sings.

 That is what I picture heaven to be like. We have to do that. Wouldn't it be awesome!?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What else have we been up too? Yesterday we had an alarm system put in. Due to Brandon's crazy hours, and the fact that the house across the street was robbed in broad day light last week. Brandon decided to help ease my mind and have the alarm installed. Wow, did I sleep great last night!

Plus,every time a door opens it says "ding dong,back door is open"...super handy when you have little boys that try to sneak outside at 7am to "Go visit Liam" (their cousin). (Your Welcome Aunt Livi!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon stepped in an ant hill while taking the trash out a few nights ago. And apparently he is allergic to ants. His foot swelled up like I do when I go into shock, err, nothing I've ever seen before !
He's claiming I must be contagious. Considering he has never had a reaction like that to a bug bite.
I'm claiming he wanted to be in the cool "I carry an EPI pen club". I mean, we are a pretty cool, and rare breed of awesome EPI people.
His new nick name at work? Frankenfoot.
That pretty much sums that up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the kid front.
Jackson is all about robots right now. Somehow I am going to incorporate them into ALL of his school work assignments. That and fake robot animals that look real. He had to apologize to the alarm installers for bringing out his fake tarantula (that is remote controlled) and putting it in the box they were getting parts out of, then making it run across the floor. I have a feeling we might have a hard time getting anyone to come out for service calls. OH,and THIS needs to go in the baby books. He washed his own laundry yesterday. Not because I asked, or would even make him do it. He just saw the basket was full, and put it in. Then, switched it out, and put it away. I thought for a moment I had died, and was in heaven! He has such a servants heart. (okay,and so maybe he likes all the cool buttons and sounds on our new fancy washer and drier.haha!)

Clara. Sweet Clara. She has been my little helper getting things around the house ready for school. She is so excited to get back to learning. The other day she was sitting at the table, and was doing her cursive work sheets, just "for fun". Her reading has taken off this summer, she read peter pan in velvet to me, TO ME! We just need to work on her confidence, she refuses to read out loud to anyone but me. I know where she gets that from, I've always hated reading aloud. (Like in Sunday School, thank-you Dan Julian and Mr. Miller for making me get over my fear!) The other evening I had to run to the store, and while I was gone, she cleaned the ENTIRE house. Granted, we don't have much. But still. I don't know what I'd do without her. Goodness knows her brothers would never do that just because they "wanted the house to be beautiful when you (I) came home". She is so sweet with Mali too. Her baby cousin adores her, and rightfully so. With all these boys running around being loud and obnoxious. Clara will sit and quietly sing to her, and play peek-a-boo. Clara is a baby whisperer. I know she misses her friends the most. Moving has been hard for her, as it takes her a while to make friends, and when she does, she is very loyal and has little desire to work towards making new friends. Sigh. Yet another trait she gets from her dear old mum.

Elliott. Oh, Elliott. He is such a ham. Always. ALWAYS making us laugh. His two front teeth have yet to make their appearance, and honestly, I'm loving the little toothless wonder look. Not to mention his rasp just adds to his hilarity. He has more sass and spunk in his little 34lbs of self than anyone else I know. Yet, he is such a cuddle bug. And I LOVE that. He got a new pair of shoes from his Grammy and Popop while they were here. They are brown loafers (church shoes). But he wears them All.The.Time. Usually paired with knee socks,and shorts,and a vest (cowboy,sweater,or button up). It's just awesome. I love how he does not give a care to what other kids think is "cool". He makes his own style, and I'm fine with it. My motto "Yep, we are home schooler's, and we gotta keep up that appearance!" (anyone home schooled will get that joke)Elliott helps insure that no one will have misconceptions of who we are. Thank goodness he does, I don't have to wear any jean jumpers thanks to his service.

Riley. Baby Ry. I've always loved the age of 4 yrs. He can be SO funny, and not even realize it. Last night for example, Brandon asked "What is there for dinner." Ry said...(while raising his eye brows up and down) "Oooo, dwere is chocowate chips we could make pancakes,you wubv those".  Seriously, it was adorable. He has really gotten into playing with his imaginext toys lately. He will sit for hours playing, I love listening to him play. He loves to snuggle too. And loves being silly with me. The other day we were being sooo goofy. He thinks it's hilarious when I talk in "Pirate". So I was pouring him some milk and being all "Err Matey,do ye want some milky?"....and he was cracking up. So much so that he took a sip of milk and it came out of his nose. He hated it, and I felt like the worst mom on the planet. After we got him all cleaned up, he laughed about it. Thank goodness. Hopefully he is not scarred by that and every time he see's a pirate as an adult cries and milk comes out his nose.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note. My sister in law has become my closest friend. I can't even imagine life here with out her. She always makes me laugh, and will be crazy with me. Like running to Kroger after we get kids in bed, to get nothing in particular...okay, we *might* have needed chocolate.
She is always willing to let me borrow her vacume, or watch my kids while I run to do an errand. She loves on my kids every chance she gets, and takes delight in how different they each are. She's not afraid to go out with all the kids, even though it's always wild and crazy. She braves mid-afternoon walks,when it's so hot you could die. Just because the kids want to. She serves Popsicle's and lets us play in her sprinklers. She feeds us on a weekly basis. She does cool art projects, and paints Clara's nails all.the.time. She makes life fun and exciting. And I'm so blessed to call her not just my sister, but my friend. I am so thankful my brother married such a great woman! Yo, Ross, you done good!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that is what's up here in the Hartman Household.

No comments: