Friday, October 19, 2012

"I am your comfort"

Do you ever look ahead in your daily devotions? I remember doing so last week. I saw the Title's of  the coming week's devotions:

"I am your Comfort", "You are valuable", "The Good Shepherd", "Be real", "Tell it to me",
and "Joy in your Hardest Day".

The thought washed over me. "Whoa, Lord, prepare me for what I'm going to face next week, because these devotions always end up speaking directly to me, and next week looks like it could be rough."

Maybe that seems a little extreme  But, the in the past, every time we open our devotions book that I read with the Children, I am always amazed at how it's like God is speaking right to me.

In the matter of a minute, a very dear families life changed yesterday. I was sitting in the hospital with Ry, frustrated that we had been waiting for three hours, and had yet to see a doctor. My Dad called me, and I hit ignore, there was a huge sign that said "No cell phones!".

But, when he called right back, I knew something was up. Considering I'd been waiting forever, I decided to act like I didn't see the bright orange bold print sign, and answered the phone.

I could not believe what he was telling me.Our sweet friends, with four darling boys, close in age to our four children. Who we spent days playing together in the back yard, had them over for bonfires, sat together at concerts, toted each others kids to church. Never knowing that in just a few months, life for them would change forever.

 I could not catch my breath as my Dad informed me that, "Julie (their Mamma)  passed away". I hung up the phone, fighting tears, my heart breaking for those precious boys, and their Dad, Julie's husband.

 Please be praying for Julie's husband Onsby, and her four boys, Aidan (9) Timothy (7), Elijah (3) and Collin (14 months). This blogging community has been such a blessing to us, lifting us up in prayer. May I ask you to do the same for our friends.

"I am Your Comfort"

"The Father is a merciful God, who always gives us comfort. He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with other in trouble"-2 Corinthians 1:3-4

"This world is tough. Some days your spirit can really take a beating. Some days you just need to be comforted.

Because I am always with you, it takes only the slightest glance in My direction-the softest whisper-to connect you with Me and My comfort. I wrap you up in My arms so that you are protected from the kicks and punches of this world.

I comfort you, and then I bless you with the ability to comfort others. You see, I am the God who can bring good  out of all things. Out of your hurts, I give you understanding-an understanding of how others are hurting-and an ability to comfort them."

~Jesus Calling by Sarah Young


I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
    he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
    their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
    he saved him out of all his troubles. Psalm 34:4-6

Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always. Psalm 105:4





 If I get any more details on tangible ways to help them I will pass it along. 
Thank you dear blogging friends.

1 comment:

kimber said...

Wow. I just came across your blog from Casey Wiegand's site. I can't even imagine. I'm praying!!